PSN-L Email List Message

Subject: Re: My seismometer vault solution
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F3n_Fr=EDmann?= jonfr500@.........
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:00:31 +0000

Hi Tim and everybody else.

1. I have removed the rca connections (I forgot a "a"), the geophone is
now directly connected to my Amplifer board. The signal that I am
getting at the moment is alot clearer then before (appears to be so).
There is a wind now, and for some reasons it appears really clear on my
plot at the moment. The noise level is quite hig at the moment.

2. The bucket is water proof, the only issue is the connection point
between the pip and the bucket, I don't think it is going to be a
problem. At least I hope so. I have sealed the end of the pip, hopefully
both of them.
3. I can't do that at the moment, this setup is finised. But I will keep
this in mind when I need to do a maintance.

Thanks for the point about the voltage and the adc boards. I didn't know
about this. I do not think that my adc board has sufferd any damage
becose of too strong signal. At least everything appears to be
displaying at normal levels at the moment. There is strong wind at the
moment and the noise level appears to be hig. I even think that I see
the ocen wave at 0.1Hz, at least there is a signal spike when I check
the frequance chart in winquake.

I did switch geophones, I had a other one around (was going to a second
station, remote one). In order to check for bugs or possible failurs in
the hardware I did switch the geophones from the one I have been using
for the past 11 months. I did also change the wireing inside the box, I
removed the rca plugs that I had been using. It takes me a little time
to see if there is any change in signal and sensitivite of my system
becose of this changes.

Jón Frímann


Public Seismic Network Mailing List (PSN-L)

[ Top ] [ Back ] [ Home Page ]