I think I have a problem with my sensor.
Here is where I am
At this site
one can see the ascension island quake clearly on most of the machines.
I have looked at a number of these sensors that surround my location, and I
see the AI event, but it is not on seen by my machine.
First thanks to Ted Channel who got me squared away on a number of
I have a coupel of questions.
1) What is the width of your horizontal sensors. I mean the distance
between the leveling legs?
Mine is 21" and the boom length is 40"
2) This sensor seems very susecptible to tilt and but has yet to record a
SO is it possible for the "stance" of the machine to be too wide, making it
world well as a tilt machine and poorly as a lateral mothin machine.
I can send this info to anyone who might want to look.
1) The ascension Island SAC file
2) an random 1 hour SAC file so you guys can see the noise floor.
3) A SAC file of the sensor with the coil locked down so you can once again
see the noise flor
4) A SAC file of me standing 3 feet away from the sensor, perpendicular to
the boom, for 5 secs so you can see the tilt response.
Quakeless in Connecticut