PSN-L Email List Message
Subject: Uploaded files
From: Thomas Dick dickthomas01@.............
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:19:17 -0500
I'd like to open a new topic and maybe get some feedback as to what my
files should contain for users of the PSN network. I know what I like to
see in the presentation of my files but...
1. just how much data show be sent; I usually crop down to about two
minutes before the arrival of P and then include at least some of the LR
waves. Is this enough? I see some files are much longer than that...is
there a reason.
2. some deep quakes don't show any LQ or LR .... what good is it to show
this time frame?
3. should data containing erroneous spikes be uploading if the rest of
the file is good .. I haven't been
4. my location is noisy; is there any value to the users of PSN if
files are filtered, like 2 pole, .5 low pass and .05 high pass for a 5.6
mag quake 1600 miles away
5. do programs that in hence wave forms created by certain weaknesses in
equipment (like short period verticals data being extended) serve a
positive aid to users of this network
6. does the PSN group have any "Elmer's" that would have time to
critique uploaded files and answer some questions
Public Seismic Network Mailing List (PSN-L)
[ Top ]
[ Back ]
[ Home Page ]